Note: I didn't figure out how to make this adapter, it's been well published in places such as
However I wanted to make an adapter for my Asteroids Deluxe Cabinets so I could test asteroids and realized when reading this, it's quite wordy. So after making my adapter based on the instructions. I wrote a TL;DR (Too Long; Didn't Read) version for the impatient.
Note this works as is ONLY for cabaret (mini) models, where the monitor is not reflected off a mirror
- 44 pin female edge connector with solder pin connectors
- a JAMMA fingerboard cut down to 44 pins
- A few inches of very thin (28 gauge or so) insulated jumper wire
- A drill and a small drill bit
- Place female end on left with edge connector facing left (as shown in image)
- Insert and solder 44 pin finger board into solder mounts
- Label the top as "Z" or "1"
- Label the bottom as "A" or "22"
- Label the connector facing up as "Solder side"
- Drill holes throught finger board traces at positions #8, #10 and #11, making sure you completely seperate the finger board traces for these positions on both sides
- For each hole, take a jumper wire solder on end to the solder tabs on the "top" connecting that to the OPPOSITE side trace on the bottom.
- Flip the board and repeat the above step for each hole. (basically your wriring each of the 3 traces so the top and the bottom of each traces are "flipped"