The Sega/Gremlin Dual VIC plug and play ROM replacement daughterboard (VICDUAL-DB)
What is it
The VICDUAL-DB is an easy to use replacement to solve the problem of trying to maintain/fix/replace the 16 2708 EPROMS on the SEGA/Gremlin VICDUAL games. It is a PLUG AND PLAY replacement board.
I created this kit as I work on a lot of early 80s arcade games, I have fixed up DUAL VIC board and got frustrated by
I wanted a nice simple clean solution to fix these games and make them less likely for future failure, as well as easier for me to bypass when testing.
- The 16 2708s EPROMS (they are hard to find, expensive and I don't have a programmer that can handle them)
- The 16 2708 EPROM sockets that are usually literally falling apart.
What's included and what does it look like
A full kit is a fully assembled board that will allow you to remove a throw away or replace the 16 2708 EPROMs. The new board plugs directly into your CPU socket completely bypassing those old ROMS and their sockets
How does it work?
It's very easy, follow these steps in ORDER:
- Remove the old ROMS
- Remove your old CPU
- Plug your old CPU into the Z80 CPU socket on the VICDUAL-DB board
- Insert the VICDUAL-DB directly into the Z80/CPU socket on the game board
- Play your game!
What games does it support
This board will work with any of the VICDUAL game boards, you MUST however select the game that it will be used on as each board will be programmed with the required software code. Known VICDUAL games are.
- Alpha Fighter / Head On
- Head On
- Head On 2
- Invinco / Deep Scan
- Invinco / Head On 2
- Space Attack
- Space Attack / Head On
- Space Trek
- Tranquillizer Gun
- Wanted (unreleased prototype)
How do I buy the VICDUAL-DB
Buy it on etsy.com