- Noted reset line is held low
- Noted no clock signal
- moved crystal, made cracking sound
- removed crystal. Bottom plastic casing was broken
- Installed new crystal, got pulsing watchdog and clock
- did long Fluke RAM check, all RAM ranges OK
- Tested POKEY and CPU in a centipede board that has ZIF sockets for various parts to test, POKEY was OK, CPU was bad, replaced.
- Found bad EPROM socket, replaced
- Retested on bench, game is no longer watchdogging
- Retested in cabinet, ame plays blind, screen appears for a second but all messed up.
- Noted a bunch of bad repairs in the AVG circuitry, will need to look into
- game still being repaired