- Game does not work
- Getting "ROM error #7"
- Replaced CPU Socket @ 2C and 1D, found bad custom 08xx @ 1D
- Game boots but having graphics issues
- Sprites are messed up and background seems to flash with backgrounds that
are coming up soon
- Found previous work at 1F,
replaced 20 pin socket @ 1F, no change
- Swapped 82S153 with another one from another board, same problem occurs
- Pulling 5m and 5n, running without them, looks like one of those is probably the issue. (These are sprite RAMS), Found one of these were bad, replaced, which fixed the sprite issues.
- Still have the background issues
- After tons of going down rabbit holes, which I won't bother writing up here I found that 1F was bad after, apparently the replacement was bad too, de soldered one from another board and use, and not it works fine
- Game works!